Van Halen 2013-06-18 Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya city, Aichi, Japan
1. Concert & Torrent Info (1) Artist:@Van@Halen; David Lee Roth - Lead Vocals Edward Van Halen - Guitars & Chorus Alex Van Halen - Drums & Chorus Wolfgang Van Halen - Bass & Chorus (2) Date@• Venue: June 18th 2013 Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya city, Aichi, Japan (3) Disc Title & Catalog #: Listen to this, Jimmy / T&J-TWOSP-049/050 (4) Torrent Upload Team:The Wall of Sound Project Tapers: Tom & Jerry Sound Editor: Naniwa Hot Brothers the Art Work Designer: Mickey Jaggar (5) Artwork included.
2. Recording + Remastering Info MK4>Nbox>M-10(24bit/98kHz, line-in, Rec Level 4) Wav Files (24bit/98kHz)>Transferred to Sound Forge Ver.10 Files Remastered by Sound Forge Ver.10>WAV Files>Flac Files.
Sound Forge Remastering Process; track split>Click&Crackle>Normalize-Volume Adjustment >Dithered to 16bit/44kHz files>transferred to Wav files NO EQ NOR NO COMPRESSION
3. Sound Quality; EXCELLENT
4. Set List/Disc Info 00. Pre-Show Announcement 01. Unchained 02. Runninf With The Devil 03. Shefs The Woman 04. Romeo Delight 05. Tattoo 06. Everybody Wants Some!! 07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor 08. China Town 09. Jamiefs Cryinf 10. Hear About It Later 11. Pretty Woman 12. Drum Solo 13. You Really Got Me 14. The Trouble With Never 15. Dance The Night Away 16. Ifll Wait 17. And The Cradle Will Rockc 18. Hot For Teacher 19. Women In Lovec 20. Atomic Punk 21. Mean Street 22. Beautiful Girls 23. Davefs Short Film gTokyo Storyh 24. Ice Cream Man 25. Panama 26. Guitar Solo 27. Ainft Talkinf eBout Love 28. Jump 29. After Show Announcement
5. Tapersf & Mickeyfs Notes When we arrived at the Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, the venue of the tonightfs show, we were a bit surprised to see this plain-old gym and the dilapidated parking space with overgrown weeds here and there.@Seeing everyonefs bewildered expressions on their faces, I just spat out gour mighty Van Halen will blow away this run-down little shack with Eddiesf guitar and Davefs out-of-space-and-off-key screaming, hahahah Then I was startled to hear a loud bang coming from inside the venue. Thanks to the thin walls, we could hear the band rehearse inside but it was pretty loud. I thought for a moment that a whole building was shook up and trembled a little.
This venue is located inside the secondary enclosure of the Nagoya Castle. It must have cultivated a history to be noted and proud of. But I seriously believed that it should have been demolished or renovated a long time ago. Miles away from the densely populated areas, I believe that this genuine regular-one-of-those-high-school-gyms-in-your-town-look-like does not have to be built in with a nice set of sound proofing nor sound masking walls at all.
Once we got in, soon we noticed that hung-up speaker stacks on both sides were placed rather closer to each other than they were at other venues. This is largely because the facility has such a narrower grand floor plan (Osaka: 80 seats on a row, Tokyo: more than 200 seats!! on a row, Nagoya: just 50 seats on a row). Fortunately our recording location is in the center block but relatively close to the stage.
Last year I took a listen to several shows from the 2012 tour and hugely disappointed with Davefs vocals in particular. During the last North American tour, Dave was either off or out of the key for the most part and sounded like talking through a lot of the lyrics instead of providing energy to them. I am afraid that sweet-sounding Wolfgangfs backing vocals also made his hap-hazard singing even more evident during the last tour. So I have downloaded so many shows but have never ever listened to a same show twice. Yet I went to three gigs of Japan tour because I just wanted to see some nostalgic live act of the band I grew up with. Well how much can you expect from the rock band whose members would receive the pension money in a few years?...I was right in checking these shows but wrong about this band in general.
With the lights still on, Alex least fashionably walked upon the drum-kit and hit it to let light out. This least dramatic way of opening the show made me smile. For unknown strange and twisted reasoning, that made me realize that a Van Halen I love and waited for so long finally came back.
While Eddiesf guitar screamed, Dave walked into the stage and kicked off the show with my favorite gUnchainedh. I must tell you that I was dumb happy to see both Dave and Eddie on the same stage. I just started experiencing this rockfn roll inducing sugar-rush when Wolfgang stepped upon the drum riser with his bass held up high in the air. I knew that he strung that fat bass cord of Runninf with Devil. And I also knew that they would not change the set-list of Sydney Show very much. Following Shefs the woman, Romeo Delight, and Tattoo You were all predictable but full of surprising. First of all, Davefs voice is amazingly good. Yeah he sometimes trailed off the key but never wandered out of the proper range. I have completely forgotten how much I loved his baritone voice and how strongly I associated his voice with Van Halen. Now I remembered I stopped listening to VH when Summy joined the band. After all this is Davefs night. He literally stole the night. Secondly Wolfgangfs backing vocals made Davefs voice sound better. I did not know that Eddiefs son had such a sweet sounding voices to go along with Davefs so well. And the last but not the least surprising is Eddiefs guitar. Thanks God, he really sobered up and got over the cancer. Eddie got extra weight around his waist and did not run nor jump around but hit and run with his slaughtering guitar. His guitar is still so solid that it could still send shivers down my spine.
Recorded from the center block very close to the stage, the music was captured very loud and clear on this recording with a Schoeps MK4s and Nbox combo. During a several songs, one guy clapped his hands like a crazy monkey in heat. So we sneaked away from the guy in the dark and managed to tape the whole show without major annoying CROWD NOISE.
On this recording, guitar sounds pretty upfront without Davefs vocals being buried. It all depends on your taste of music but surely some of you love this.
6. Last Notes from uploaders Please do not even think about selling or exchanging this recording with some valued materials. I do not mind you sharing with others this recording in the most convenient format to you and your friends. But if you do share this, please do not remaster it. We have used the finest gears to capture the sound and took the long hours remastering it with the finest softwarer. You can do better than shape-changing blood-sucking creatures called bootleggers do
To maximize your listening pleasure, get yourself a nicest set of either speakers or headphones. The cheap Ipod earphones dose not serve you well on this recording.