Royal Albert Hall
October 22, 2015
This is my recording
Olympus LS10 16 bit>adobe audition>cd wave
>traders little helper>flac level 8
1. Things Have Changed
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
4. What'll I Do (Irving Berlin)
5. Duquesne Whistle
6. Melancholy Mood (Vick R. Knight Sr.,Walter Schumann)
7. Pay In Blood
8. I'm A Fool To Want You (Frank Sinatra, Jack Wolf, Joel Herron)
9. Tangled Up In Blue
10. High Water (For Charley Patton)
11. Why Try To Change Me Now (Cy Coleman, Joseph McCarthy)
12. Early Roman Kings
13. Full Moon And Empty Arms (Buddy Kaye, Ted Mossman)
14. Spirit On The Water
15. Scarlet Town
16. All Or Nothing At All ( Arthur Altman, Jack Lawrence)
17. Long And Wasted Years
18. Autumn Leaves (Johnny Mercer, Joseph Kosma)
19. Blowin' In The Wind
20. Love Sick
Funny things cycles, i was weaned on a diet of Sinatra (and vegetable soup), not a day went by without Frank blaring out from my dad's cheap radiogram/record player.
I grew to love the songs, appreciate the exceptional delivery of them and the seeds of fascination for the names in brackets after the song titles was sewn.
20 odd years ago, i saw the guvnor tread these very boards with my old man, he was coming towards the end of his roller coaster career, he would have been around the same age
as Bob is now and despite the auto cue he now relied on , he still had it, still lived in the song, still meant every word, still had the voice.
So it is tonight,each time Dylan launches into one of his "Sinatra" songs, a shiver goes through me, a near lifetime flashes by, and yeah, Bob still has it too, in spades..