Monday, May 8, 2017

Neil Young 1978-09-29 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale, NY

Neil Young : The Lostbrook Tape Series - Volume 32

In an unexpected but brilliant theatrical performance,
Neil Young took us on a “Journey Through the Past,” put
the “Decade” in perspective, and demonstrated that “rock
and roll is here to stay.”  This was artistic genius - truly
a concert for the ages.  The acoustic set still gives me
goose bumps.  There was a bit of commotion during the first
few songs as throngs of people clogged the aisle to our left
and blocked our view of the stage.  It wasn’t the smartest
thing to do while holding a tape recorder, but we argued with
an usher who said it was “impossible” to clear the aisle.  The
situation was eventually resolved, and we were able to see Neil
amidst the giant props and the scurrying “roadeyes.”  After
a “Woodstock” intermission, Neil Young and Crazy Horse rocked
the Coliseum with chords that may still reverberate today.  It
was so loud that I even missed a tape change.  Ordinarily, I
would use a match or a lighter to see the tape, but on this
night, I must have been waiting for the buttons to pop up.  I
never heard or felt them pop, and missed part of “Cortez” and
all of “Cinnamon Girl.”  The tape may be flawed, but the performance
is a masterpiece.

September 29, 1978
Nassau Coliseum
Uniondale, NY
USA

Recording Equipment: Internal Mic - Sanyo tape deck - Alesis TapeLinkUSB - Audacity - WAV
Taper: Lostbrook
Mastering: CQ

01 Sugar Mountain
02 I Am A Child
03 Comes A Time
04 Already One
05 After The Gold Rush
06 Thrasher
07 My My (Out Of The Blue)
08 When You Dance I Can Really Love
09 The Loner
10 Welfare Mother
11 Come On Baby
12 The Needle
13 Lotta Love
14 Sedan Delivery
15 Powderfinger
16 Cortez The Killer
17 Like A Hurricane
18 Hey Hey My My (Into The Black)
19 Tonight's The Night



Link


No comments:

Post a Comment