Thursday, May 18, 2017

Pink Floyd 1970-10-21 Winterland San Fran. CA

PINK FLOYD
Winterland
San Fran. California
10-21-70

from a TDK-D90min tape
tascam 122MKII tape deck
slowed down to sound better
soundblaster
traders little helper flac 8

SIDE 1

1-GRANDCHESTER MEADOWS
2-Astronomy Domine
3-Cymbaline
4-Atom Heart mother(cuts)

SIDE 2

1-Embryo
2-Green is The color
3-Careful with That Axe
4-Set The Controls For The Heart
  Of The Son
5-Saucerful Of Secrets (cuts)

a wonderful recording IMHO, although I
don't know if the date is correct
SQ VG/VG+ IMHO, it played fast and
while old REG was introducing AHM
I by ear slowed down the tape using
a knob on the playback deck I have,
and re-recorded the set, nice crazy
effects in EMBRYO, I didn't break up
the songs yet but thought some may
want this tape just played straight
through as the tape is, I'm sure this
tape got a lot of play on my old walkman
as I did really enjoy Astronomy Domine
back then, also includes tune ups between
songs, if it is broken up should the
tune ups be seperate tracks, or just part
of the next song?, there is hiss through-out
maybe third or fourth gen. copy  a big drop out
on left side during careful with that axe, but it
comes back while roger is singing,then to loud
same song,both problems last a couple of seconds,
I don't know what happened to set the controls
it sounds like someone was messing with
setting and the sound changes a lot from
high to very low pitches,
 this is one of many shows my old friend
Jan brought with him when he came in from
Brooklyn to hang out with me in the Bronx
back in the mid 1980's so thank you JAn
wherever you are for all the FLOYD 


A PINKRABBIT TAPE TRANSFER

Link


No comments:

Post a Comment