Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Replacements 1984-02-11 Trenton City Gardens Trenton, NJ

The Replacements
February 11, 1984
Trenton City Gardens
Trenton, NJ

From The Hitwistuff2 cassette collection excavation

HereÕs the line...lini...len..steps of the process:  A 15+ year old TDK SA90 high bias cassette acquired in trade>Sony TC-RX410 Cassette Deck>Alesis 9500 Masterlink (no EQ)>AIFF

I promised you more and here's more, but this one's different. Its and pretty good audience recording.  Here's the deal, many years ago when I got my first stand alone CD burner I got it in my head that I wanted to make a definitive best-of live collection from the well over 100 Mats shows I had on cassette.  So, over a period over manths,  I re-listened to each and every tape again with a pen near by and would write down notes of the insert cards.  Quality notes and performance notes etc.  
When I peered into my sealed for over a decade Mats tapes box I grabbed the highest rated that I could find. This was a 8-9 out of 10.
I seemed to be pretty impressed starting with "I Will Dare" until the momentum falls apart again in typical Mats style starting around the last third of the set.  
I spot listened as I mastered this and thought the latter half sounded pretty good (performance-wise).  Anyway, not a soundboard or FM as I had hoped, but another pretty damn good captured Mats show from 84.  Oh yeah, ya got a good take on the not very often played "Who's Gonna Take Us Alive."
Enjoy!
-Ken (AKA hitwitstuff2, but you can call me hitwitstuff)

-CD 1-
1. Hey Good Lookin'
2. I'll Be There
3. I Will Dare
4. Hayday
5. 20th Century Boy
6. You're Getting Married
7. Goddamn Job
8. Carpenter's cover song
9. Unsatisfied
10. I'm In Trouble
11. Black Diamond
12. Lovelines

-CD 2-
1. Johnny's Gonna Die
2. Trouble Boys
3. Maybelline
4. ?
5. Gary's Got A Boner
6. Kansas City Star (aborted)
7. Rattlesnake Blues (slow version)
8. Gimme Noise
9. I Hate Music
10. Batman
11. Who's Gonna Take Us Alive
12. Take Me To The Hospital
13. Heartbeat is a Lovebeat
14. the taper's comments 


Link

No comments:

Post a Comment