Saturday, June 4, 2022

Bob Dylan and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 1986-03-08 Gymnasium Nagoya, Japan

Improved Air Catalog Number: IA51
TITLE: untitled (2cd)
DATE: 08.03.86
VENUE: Nagoya, Japan
SOURCE/COMMENTS: audience   
CIRCULATION DATE: February 25, 2003

Olofs Files says:

Still On The Road: 1986 True Confessions Tour: Down Under
Gymnasium Nagoya, Japan
8 March 1986


1. Justine (Don Harris/Dewey Terry)
2. Positively 4th Street
3. Clean Cut Kid
4. I'll Remember You
5. Trust Yourself
6. That Lucky Old Sun (Haven Gillespie/Beasley Smith)
7. Masters Of War
Tom Petty & The
Heartbreakers:
Straight Into Darkness (Tom Petty)
Breakdown (Tom Petty)
8. It Ain't Me, Babe
9. To Ramona
10. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
11. I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know (Cecil A. Null)
12. Just Like A Woman
13. I'm Moving On (Hank Snow)
14. Lenny Bruce
15. When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky
16. Lonesome Town (Baker Knight)
17. Ballad Of A Thin Man
Tom Petty & The
Heartbreakers:
So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star (R. McGuinn/C.
Hillman)
Refugee (Tom Petty & Mike Campbell)
18. Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35
19. Seeing The Real You At Last


20. Across The Borderline (Ry Cooder/John Hiatt/Jim Dickinson)
21. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
22. I And I
23. Like A Rolling Stone
24. In The Garden

25. Blowin' In The Wind
26. Uranium Rock (Warren Smith)
27. Sukiyaki (Rohusuke Ei/Hachidai Nakamura)
28. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Concert #18 of the 1986 True Confessions Far East Tour. Concert #18 with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. 1986 concert
#18.
Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar) with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers:
Tom Petty (guitar), Mike Campbell (guitar), Benmont Tench (keyboards), Howie Epstein (bass), Stan Lynch (drums)
and The Queens Of Rhythm: Debra Byrd, Queen Esther Marrow, Madelyn Quebec, Elisecia Wright (backing vocals).
8-10 Bob Dylan solo (vocal & guitar).
8, 9, 28 Bob Dylan (harmonica).
11, 25, 28 Bob Dylan and Tom Petty (shared vocals).
18 Howie Epstein (slide guitar), Tom Petty (bass).
Still On The Road: 1986 True Confessions Tour: Down Under
Note. The vocals to track 27 are only hummed.


BobTalk
Thank you. That was a recent hit of mine. Sold about three records ha-ha-ha. Here's one, ha-ha, here’s one a little older.
(after That Lucky Old Sun)
All right, I wanna take a little break here. I wanna introduce you to one of America's finest rock ‘n’ roll bands, certainly one
of my favorites, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. (after Masters Of War)
Thank you. All right, here's a song about recognition. Or lack of recognition. Tennessee Williams, it was he who said "I don't
ask for your pity, just your understanding. Not even that, but just your recognition of me in you. At times the enemy in us all."
Anyway, Tennessee Williams, he got a pretty drastic life too. He kind of died all by himself in a New York City Hotel room.
Without a friend in the world. Another man died like that, except Tennessee Williams did have some success. This man didn't
have too much success, but he started a lot of people off. People who came, picked up on what he did and took it someplace
else and made a lot of money and became very successful. And he died in a lonely grave. (before Lenny Bruce)
Thank you. All right, that was for Hugh McGhee wherever you are. This is a song I wrote a while back in response to people
who ask me questions all the time. You just get tired of that every once in a while. You just don't want to answer no more
questions. I figure a person’s life speaks for itself, right? So, every once in a while you got to do this kind of thing, you got to
put somebody in their place. Where I come from, there’s a lot of people who aren’t exactly in their place they should be, so
every once in a while somebody has got to come and put them in their place. I don't know whether it's like that over here or
not. I hope it's not. But this is a song .... It's not a bad thing to be put in your place, I didn't say that. It's actually a good
thing. It's been done to me every once in a while and I've always appreciated it. So this is my response to something that
happened over in England. I think it was about '63, '64. Anyway the song still holds up. Seems to be people around still like
that. So I still sing it. It's called Ballad Of A Thin Man.
Thank you. Domo, domo, domo, I love that word, ha-ha . All right then once again now give them a warm hand. Tom Petty
and the Heartbreakers. (after Ballad Of A Thin Man)
Thank you. Ha-ha. Everybody must get stoned. Of course that can be taken two ways. This here next song, this can be taken
only one way. I'll play it for you if I can get my guitar into tune. Oh! it just came on! (before Seeing The Real You At Last)
Thank you. I wanna thank Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for backing me up tonight. On the keyboards, give him a warm
hand, Benmont Tench. On the drums, Stan Lynch. On the bass guitar, Howie Epstein. On lead guitar, Michael Campbell. I
especially want to thank Mr. Tom Petty himself. And of course I never go anywhere without my singing partners over there.
They go by all kinds of names. But they go everywhere with me. And they hold me up in more ways than one. I wanna thank
them too. Thank you girls. (before Like A Rolling Stone)
Thank you. We're gonna play this song here as the last song of the night. This is about my hero. Everybody's got a hero. This
song’s about my hero. (before In The Garden)
Thank you. We're gonna play this song here. This was a popular song when we were was growing up. Always meant a great
deal. So, we don't know exactly all the words but maybe you do. If you know them, you sing them. (before Sukiyaki)
Bootleg
Precious Memories. Nortlake Records LP.
4 new songs (14%) compared to previous concert. 1 possible new song for this tour.
Stereo audience recording, 150 minutes.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment