Friday, April 29, 2022

ARW (Anderson Rabin Wakeman) 2016-10-30 Byham Theater Pittsburgh, PA

 Anderson Rabin Wakeman) - "The Straight And Stronger Course"

Sunday, October 30, 2016
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Byham Theater

Format: Recorded in 24-bit/44.1kHz
Source: Audience Digital Master
Equipment: A Pair of Milab VM-44 Link Cardioids ~> Marantz PMD661 (Oade CM)
Location: Orch Center - Row M - Rick side
Taper: ninjadave
Mastering: relayer35/ninjadave

16 BIT VERSION

Total Time [2:09:41]

01 - Intro "Orchestral Change" > Cinema [3:54]
02 - Perpetual Change [7:13]
03 - Hold On [7:46]
04 - I've Seen All Good People [8:09]
05 - Drum Solo [3:07]
06 - Lift Me Up [7:02]
07 - And You And I [10:29]
08 - Rhythm of Love [6:32]
09 - Heart of the Sunrise [11:33]
10 - Changes [6:50]
11 - Long Distance Runaround [3:39]
12 - The Fish [6:34]
13 - The Meeting [4:06]
14 - "Awaken Prelude" > Awaken [22:40]
15 - Make It Easy > Owner of a Lonely Heart [9:40]
16 - "Encore Break" [2:28]
17 - Roundabout [7:50]

NOTES:

This PGH show was originally postponed due to the hurricane that hit Florida and they re-routed the tour to go back to Florida on the night this show was to happen to make up the show they cancelled in Ft Lauderdale the week before and that initally pissed me off royally but it all worked out since they had a lot more shows under their belt when they finally got to Pgh. The Pgh show had initially sold poorly anyway and they moved the show to a smaller theater so it made sense why they did this in hindsight. "Changes" also made its way into the set by then too...a good thing!!! I had a prime middle/right seat and the sound was pretty good as you can tell. With the RRHoF induction, and the new NA tour annoucement as "YES" featuring ARW, its a bummer they are not coming back to PGH but I can surely understand why, based on how the first show sold. I hope they put some more Rabin era songs in the show cause I'm going to see them in Akron, especially off of TALK...which I think is such an underrated album. With that said, this was a fairly balanced setlist overall. With the talk of new music as well, that is either going to force "replacments" or maybe a longer show, I hope its a LONGER SHOW!

Even though I love Steve Howe's playing, Alan White is basically a shell of himself (based on the RRHoF songs performance), I truely feel the ARW version of the "Yes" band is the only one that matters to me. I hope they can keep it going for a couple years at least. This show was not perfect, but overall, a pretty good performance.

They are clearly a band that hasn't played in long time together, Rabin's rust is very apparent this night at times but its hard to complain when he hasn't toured in nearly 20+ years. It will only get better if they can keep it rolling and it appears they are doing that with more dates announced. I doubt they will change anything up in Japan since its such a short set of dates and prior to anything new being recorded, but the new NA dates have potential for some new additions. I say at least, drop "The Fish" and add a "shortened" rearranged "Real Love" and "Hearts" plus a new song or two and its a KILLER set! I got my ticket for the Akron show as that is about the closest gig to me and it appears that is the better venue compared to the other show I was considering - Reading Pa (and the Akron ticket was much cheaper and a better overall seat!). Let's hope the gear captures a good one!!! I included the only related picture I took that night, I can't believe I didn't take any inside of the show!

BIG thanks to relayer35 for helping me master this. It's mostly his master --- I just made a minor low end EQ bump and then bumped the overall levels a tiny bit more.

There are no fades in the tracks. I suggest starting Disc 2 with Track 10 if burning to CDr.

Repost if you like, but please, keep info and file set intact.

UPPED April 2017 by ninjadave.
 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment