Saturday, April 27, 2024

Judas Priest 1980-07-05 Calderone Concert Hall, Hempstead, Long Island, NY

 


Judas Priest
July 5 1980
Calderone Concert Hall, Hempstead, Long Island, NY USA
British Steel Tour

Source: FM (WLIR) > Maxell Master Reel to Reel > Maxell XL I cassette > CDR > EAC > WAV > FLAC


This is it, the show that made me a Priest fan for life.
At the time I had never heard of Priest even though I was into hard rock / metal already at that time. My future brother in-law and his friends had tickets to see them at the Calderone Concert Hall in Hempstead, Long Island and ask me to tape the show for them as it was going to be broadcast live on the local radio station WLIR. So I did and while listening to the broadcast I became I huge Priest fan.
Unfortunately my Reel to Reel master is MIA, good thing the first thing I did was to make me a copy on cassette, which is what I used to make the CDR, the Maxell I cassette has survived with no loss of fidelity, amazing.
Great show and great audience with Priest just beginning to get very popular.
If anybody has a pre-FM version of this show please share!


Tracklist

Hell bent for leather
The ripper
Running wild
Living after midnight
Sinner
Beyond the realms of death
You don’t have to be old to be wise
The grinder
Victim of changes
Steeler
Genocide
Tyrant
Green Manalishi

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment