Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Marillion 1982-09-25 The Marquee, London, UK

Marillion
"Garden Party For Forgotten Sons"
25 September 1982
The Marquee, London, UK

Source: Audience
Cassette > CD-R > WAV > FLAC (level 8)


CD 1 (57 mins)

1. Garden Party (The Great Cucumber Massacre Of 1982)
2. He Knows You Know
3. Grendel
4. She Chameleon
5. Institution Waltz
6. The Web

CD 2 (32 mins)

1. Three Boats Down From The Candy
2. Forgotten Sons
3. Market Square Heroes
4. Margaret

Notes:

This show was a celebration of the then newly signed contract with EMI. The Web newsletter produced for the gig
called it the "Garden Party For FOrgotten Sons".

This is the complete concert, recorded on a pretty basic cassette recorder. From memory I think I just used
the onboard condenser mic. I suspect this wasn't even a stereo mic and so I guess that would make this a "double
mono" recording(?).  I was stood centre stage about 3 or 4 people back from the front.

I used a C120 tape and this master was then used to make copies for me to play regularly.  With the advent of CD
recorders a few years back I then transferred the master to CD-r using a standalone CD recorder and that is where
this recording comes from.

Sound quality is very good in my opinion considering the circumstances. Maybe a very good 3 out of 5. The worst part
of the recording was "Margaret" where the audience was jumping up and down so things tend to start distorting.

It's a fantastic performance with everyone on top form. "She Chameleon" is in its original arrangement and "Institution
Waltz" soon disappeared from the set (sadly).

As far as I know this could well be the only recording of this show as I've not seen any others in the last 23
years. This show has never been distributed before apart from earlier this year when my brother organised a 24 hour
Marillion web broadcast through a Prog forum and played some of it.

ULTRALIGHT

----------
FREE FOR FANS. DO NOT SELL. DON'T CONVERT TO MP3 - TRADE FREELY IN A LOSSLESS FORMAT 
 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment