Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Paul Westerberg 1993-07-21 The Whisky Los Angeles, CA

Paul Westerberg 
The Whisky 
Los Angeles, CA 
July 21, 1993 

Recorded by JEMS 

Sonic Studios DSM-6P > Denon DTR-80P 
DAT Master > M-Audio Transit soundcard > Peak 4.1 > CD-R > FLAC 

01 Intro 
02 Waitin' For Somebody 
03 Mannequin Shop 
04 Achin' to Be 
05 First Glimmer 
06 Waitress in the Sky 
07 World Class Fad 
08 Dice Behind Your Shades 
09 A Few Minutes of Silence 
10 (I Didn't Sleep With Your Wife) 
11 Merry-Go-Round 
12 Someone I Once Knew 
13 Knockin' on Mine 
14 Swingin' Party 
15 Skyway 
16 Things 
17 Something is Me 
18 Daydream Believer (Monkees cover) 
19 Can't Hardly Wait 
20 Runaway Wind 
21 I'll Be You 

01 Here Comes a Regular 
02 Sally Beautiful 
03 Left of the Dial 
04 Down Love 
05 The Ledge 
06 Alex Chilton 
bonus tracks 
RCKCNDY, Seattle, WA, July 17, 1993 (from DAT clone of JEMS master) 
07 Some Kind of Sign 
08 Dyslexic Heart 
09 Silver Naked Ladies 

Westerberg collectors probably know this show from the bootleg Lucky's Revenge. My master is a different source (at least I think it is; the boot claimed to be a soundboard and I never had a copy), and, happily, unlike the boot it captures is the complete show, including the terrific six-song encore. This was the second night of a two-show stand that marked Westerberg's solo debut in Los Angeles and I enjoyed the hell out of both sets. He's playing with a purpose here. Perhaps you'll agree after you hear it. 

To fill out the second disc a bit I've added three bonus tracks from Seattle a few days earlier, all variants from the Whisky set and of comparable quality. 
 

Link 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment