Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Yes 1976-05-28 Civic Center Roanoke, VA




Recorded in Roanoke, VA, May 28, 1976. First concert of the "solos" tour, and the setlist included a lot of
material from the 5 solo albums. It changed a lot as the tour progressed, too.

Disc One:
1) Apocalypse
2) Siberian Khatru
3) I've Seen All Good People
4) Ram (fades in)
5) Hold Out Your Hand/You By My Side
6) Roundabout 
7) Break Away From It All
8) Beginnings
9) One Way Rag
10)White Solo 
11)(segues into) Song Of Innocence 
12)Cachaca (Baiao) 
13)(segues into) Soundchaser 

Disc Two:
1) Harp Solo 
2) Heart Of The Sunrise
3) Sweet Dreams

Bonus tracks:
4) The Gates of Delirium, recorded in Nashville, TN June 1, 1976. Solid performance and a great recording - a
really good audience tape. The Nashville tape is incomplete, and sort of an orphan. Since the Roanoke show did
not include Gates, I added it (per JB's suggestion, and he supplied the tapes.)

5) The Remembering, recorded in rehearsal at Millersville, PA, sometime in May 1976. Seems they hadn't forgotten
this Tale after all. Forgotten... Remembering... get it? Never mind.

All tracks feature Patrick Moraz on keyboards and have benefited from liberal doses of noise reduction and
equalization.

Link


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was at this show! Looks like it's cut and pasted here but it will still be a treat. FYI, they opened with Soundchaser. I'm sure about this because, though I love that track, I remember thinking what an odd choice for the first song. I also remember Gates of Delirium damn near lifting me off the floor!

    ReplyDelete