Thursday, March 31, 2022

Bob Dylan 2022-03-30 Ovens Auditorium Charlotte, NC

 
Bob Dylan
Rough And Rowdy Ways
2022-03-30
Ovens Auditorium
Charlotte, NC


Captured from Row O Seat 14, stage right

iPhone 11 (internal mics) > Voice Recorder (TapMedia) v4.3  > wav file > Audacity (FLAC 6) > DIME > you


Not much of review to give you on this one... sound in the hall was complete sheit, at least to my 62-year-old ears. I actually enjoyed the show more listening to my capture on the ride home, as I could actually make out Bob's vocals much clearer than live for whatever reason.

Tired, old auditorium with tired, old sound set-up.. the mix sounded so bad (to me) that I could barely hear any separation on the players, and it all just sounded really thin. But again, I do think that I was able to pull a decent capture here and the crowd certainly did it's part by staying attentive during the music so that's a plus as well.

Was seeing Bob for my 23rd time and this one was very special because my oldest daughter drove up from Columbia, SC to see her first Bob show with me.. which is a long way from our first show together about 15 years ago (The Jonas Brothers, with Demi Lovato opening)...

Bob stayed pretty much "hidden" from view the entire evening.. venturing out from behind his piano maybe 3 times to stand for a moment next to said piano, then quickly back to his position at the keys. There were two large water bottles strategically positioned on his piano that basically blocked the view from our seats of Bob's head when he was singing.  

But the performance itself was as naked and poignant as I can remember from Bob, and he is still giving it his all as best he can as an almost 81-year-old man who has been on tour forever it seems.  To my eyes, the physical presence of Bob was much less out front since the last time I saw him in November of 2019... Alas, time waits for no man, not even the timeless Bob Dylan...

As for the band, there were very few instances where anyone stood out.. I particularly enjoy Bob Britt's acoustic solo during Masterpiece. I was also intrigued by the several times you will hear Bob interjecting off-hand comments during and between songs.. but I could not tell to whom exactly he was talking to .. his band, his audience, or some voices only Bob can hear..


Setlist (really?!):

The same 17 songs as the night before, and the nights before that show, too.



As always, do whatever you want with this capture except sell it because that ain't cool.. Your comments are always appreciated!

 

Enjoy!
 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment