Friday, February 18, 2022

The Cure 2000-02-25 Vic Theater Chicago, IL



The Cure
Vic Theater
Chicago, IL
February 25, 2000

Source: Soundboard. Lineage: FM (WXRT) > ? > CDRs > CDEx > Wavelab > FLAC v1.7.1 etree edition - level 6 with verify > FLAC.

I got this show in a trade a couple of years ago. This is from the Bloodflowers promo tour where the band played in smaller venues than usual. I tried to get tickets for the show but they were sold out within a couple of seconds here. Doh! I'm pretty sure I have the correct venue information and I'm also pretty sure it was recorded off of WXRT in Chicago. The discs I received had sector boundary errors between each track so I fixed those and some sloppy edits in Wavelab. Overall, this is an excellent sounding show but there's a couple of issues with "One Hundred Years." There's a couple of dropouts at around one minute into the song. It looks like it happened during the broadcast but I'm not sure. Also, not long after the dropouts, the song fades out and "Bloodflowers" begins. It seems like an unnatural end to the song and I'd be surprised if it was performed that way.

CD 1:
01. Out Of This World
02. Watching Me Fall
03. Want
04. Fascination Street
05. The Last Day Of Summer
06. Maybe Someday
07. From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
08. In Between Days
09. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep

CD 2:
01. 39
02. Prayers For Rain
03. One Hundred Years
04. Bloodflowers

-Encore 1-
05. A Strange Day
06. A Forest

-Encore 2-
07. Just Like Heaven
08. Boys Don't Cry

-Encore 3-
09. The Figurehead
10. Disintegration

Line-up:
Robert Smith
Simon Gallup
Jason Cooper
Perry Bamonte
Roger O'Donnell

Link


No comments:

Post a Comment