Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The Rolling Stones 1978-07-13 Superdome New Orleans, LA (Frankenstein FP 0015)



New Orleans July 13th, 1978
« Some Girls in New Orleans and other cities »

I got two versions
- « Black Girls Just Liked to Get f*** All Night »  but it’s uncomplete (17 tracks)
- « New Orleans 1978 » complete version download on IORR but the sound/specter is not so good and lots of defaults remains.
- « Sweet Little Sixteen » from « Any Port In A Storm » VGP 308

So I decided to make my own version, another Frankenstein monster (the n°15).

• I added as intro the video taking from the « American Tour 1978 » (Wonderland WLR 2129) where the journalist is speaking on « When The Whip Comes Down» from New Orleans

• I rework a little the tracks :
- They’re was sound variations that I try to upgrade (example on « All Down The Line », or « Just My Imagination »
- « When The Whip Comes Down » & « Beast Of Burden » was in one only track, now they’re separated.
- Some defaults that I remove: for example on the beginning of track 5, 20 seconds are repeated and idem in the beginning of track 7! Gaps in the beginning & end of « Tumbling Dice »
- Between « Miss You » and « Just My Imagination » and between « Sweet Little Sixteen » & « Brown Sugar » the gaps were too big (the first seconds of « Brown Sugar» are lost): I make a fade in/out.
- Some « plops » or « blips » now removed.
- The biggest problem was on « Let It Rock » that got only one channel after 1’34:  I duplicate the remains channel, the result is real better!

• I decided to add some TV & Radio flashes from this era. They’re coming from a cdr receiving years ago called « 1978 US tour – TV & FM news –clips ». Take them as a bonus because they‘re not from New Orleans (but from the Passaic) but I find them interesting; if you dislike or are boring by this reports you can easily remove them.

• Last I create an artwork, using from the front the Some Girls Original Artwork By Hubert Kretzschmar

Post on IORR on November 2016 by StonyRoad

Link


 

No comments:

Post a Comment