Monday, July 18, 2022

Jimi Hendrix 1970-06-13 Civic Center, Baltimore, MD

Civic Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Saturday 13 June 1970 [1st Source "Upgrade" - Stereo Audience - Funkydrummer Cleanup]

[From "upgrade" notes] Lineage: Master > cassette (gen?) > cdr > eac > wav
Cassette from KB. There are low volume analog crackles all the way through, these are probably on the master as all copies of this tape would seem to have them. This disc is unknown gen, but MUCH better quality than ATM117 which is supposed to be 1st gen (which it probably isn't or has been badly eq'd). The drop-outs on Ezy Ryder are unfortunately on this dub only, they are not present on other copies thus not on the master].

Lineage: Master > cassette (gen?) > cdr > eac > wav > FLAC [Funkydrummer intervention - Adobe Audition 3, NR, EQ, Multiband Compression] > FLAC


1 Pass It On
2 Lover Man
3 Machine Gun
4 Ezy Ryder [original note from "upgrade" - drop-outs at 0.33-36, not on master]
5 Red House
6 Message to Love [original note from "upgrade" -drop-outs at 2.39-40 on master?]
7 Hey Joe
8 Freedom
9 Getting My Heart Back Together (Hear My Train A-Comin')[Intro slightly cut - see bonus]
10 Room Full of Mirrors
11 Foxy Lady
12 Purple Haze / Star Spangled Banner
13 Voodoo Child (Slight Return) / Keep On Groovin'
14 Intro/Pass It On - [Intro repaired with cleaned 2nd Source, speed corrected to 1st source] Merge]
15 BONUS - Getting My Heart Back Together (Hear My Train A-Comin')[Intro repaired with cleaned 2nd/3rd Source Merge - speed corrected to 1st source]

Funkydrummer Notes: As a fan favourite, I was very careful to try and maintain the integrity of one of the better recorded tapes from the 1970 "tour". Not only are there 5 different sources out there, but also a couple of nice merges. In fact I was close to releasing a double disc version which included (with permission) - Karsten's 1 and 5 source, but that was a nice sounding merge, and in the end I didn't feel that I could do justice to it by cleaning it. So I stuck with the 1st source which is the best of the five sources, and embellished with other newly cleaned sources to fix dropouts and other problems listed in original notes.

I have restored intro to Hear My Train, but I wasn't sure whether to utilise them because of mild discrepancies in sound.Kept as bonus track instead - feel free to substitute if you prefer.

For the same reason, I wasn't going to include a merge of the extra audio before Pass It On - but for the sake of completion I did so...I included as a Bonus, cause I like going straight into Pass it On...but you can directly substitute for track 1 - for completion.

The only problem with the bonus tracks is that you have to either choose the 1st source, or the bonus subs only if you want to fit on single CD. I have burnt two versions  -clean 1st source, and 1st source track 1 and 9 substituted with the bonus tracks - for "complete" show.


Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment