Monday, April 22, 2024

ABBA 1979-10-23 Pavillon de Paris Paris, France

 
ABBA

Pavillon de Paris
Paris, France

October 23rd 1979

Audience- Equipment unknown - cassette trade -SONY PCM-A10-Adobe Audition-CD Wave Editor
Original taper : Unknown (but THANK YOU !!)
 
01. Gammal Fabodpsalm
02. Voulez-Vous
03. If It Wasn't for the Nights
04. As Good as New
05. Knowing Me, Knowing You
06. Rock Me
07. Not Bad at All (T.Ledin)
08. Chiquitita
09. Money, Money, Money
10. I Have a Dream
11. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
12. SOS
13. Fernando
14. The Name of the Game
15. Eagle
(Thank You for the Music - missing)
16. Why Did It Have to Be Me?
17. Intermezzo No. 1
18. I'm Still Alive
19. Summer Night City
20. Take a Chance on Me
21. Does Your Mother Know
22. Hole in Your Soul
23. The Way Old Friends Do
24. Dancing Queen
25. Waterloo

Suggested CD break : after Track 16.

To mark 41 years to the day since my last of 3 ABBA concerts, Stafford, on 12 November 1979, I have uploaded the Paris show, which is the best quality recording I came across from the tour. There are a few blips/clips/cuts etc, and one song is omitted (assuming it was played), but overall it is great quality, and I thank the original taper!! Bjorn seemingly has to encourage the audience to get up " and dance in the aisles" at the start of Dancing Queen....we didn't need any prompting at Stafford, where it happened about 30 minutes earlier, and so on 2 consecutive nights, there I was, right at the front, looking up and watching ABBA in all their glory (the originals, not some tribute band)....just wonderful!!....

If anyone has any other recordings of Abba, put them up here, or let me know !!

I only ever went to 5 concerts at Stafford Bingley Hall, but they were amongst the 5 best of my life - Bowie in 78, 2 x Abba in 79, and 2 x Fleetwood Mac in 80.....the venue was of course overtaken, capacity wise, not too long afterwards....

 

Link 

1 comment: