Monday, March 14, 2022

Bob Dylan 1991-07-13 Garden State Arts Center Holmdel, NJ

Holmdel, New Jersey
Garden State Arts Center

13 July 1991
 

 

01 - New Morning
02 - Simple Twist Of Fate
03 - All Along The Watchtower
04 - Shelter From The Storm
05 - Gotta Serve Somebody
06 - Wiggle Wiggle
07 - I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
08 - When I Paint My Masterpiece
 
09 - Two Soldiers (trad.)
10 - Girl From The North Country
11 - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
12 - Bob Dylan's Dream
 
13 - Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
14 - Everything Is Broken
15 - I Believe In You
16 - Highway 61 Revisited
 
        (encore)
 
17 - What Good Am I?
18 - Ballad Of A Thin Man
 

Concert # 326 of The Never-Ending Tour.  
Concert # 7 of the 1991 US Summer Tour. 1991 concert # 63.
Concert # 42 with the 5th Never-Ending Tour band:
        Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar),
        John Jackson (guitar),
        Tony Garnier (bass),
        Ian Wallace (drums).

9 acoustic with Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), John Jackson (guitar).
10-12 acoustic with the band.
1, 2, 4, 11, 12, 15, 17, 18  Bob Dylan harmonica.

BobTalk:
- Anybody ever heard it? About a new song called Losing My Religion. Anybody heard it?
  Ah, it doesn't matter.(before Gotta Serve Somebody).
- That's my ecology song for tonight. It's all about fishing.
  Well, here is one of my older songs, not to be confused with Whitney Houston's new song.
  It's got the same title. It's not the same thing though. (performs I'll Be Your Baby Tonight).
- Thank you everybody! That's my attempt to do one of Whitney Houston's songs.
  Actually it sounds more like hers than mine. Anyway, this is some kind of foreign language one ...
  (starts 'When I Paint My Masterpiece').
- Thank you everybody! That's one of them songs people asks me to sing all the time! (after Two Soldiers).
- Anybody having any dreams lately? Oh! OK. This is one of my dream songs.
  One of my only dream songs.(before Bob Dylan's Dream).
- Thank you everybody! It's my last hit here. My latest hit record that made the Top 40.
  Sold about 5 million. Ahh ... maybe. (before Everything Is Broken).
- Thanks everybody! Another Oh Mercy song was on my song list tonight... escaped my mind which one.
  Give my band a hand! (during closing bars of Highway 61 Revisited).

4 new songs (22%) compared to previous concert. No new songs for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 85 minutes.
 

LB-02099 ; 44min+42min ; 2CDR ; Rating: B+
 
7/13/91 Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, New Jersey

Stereo audience recording
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bittorrent download 10/04; very good to excellent sound; background talking d2t7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
++-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc One,
1 New Morning, 2 Simple Twist Of Fate, 3 All Along The Watchtower, 4 Shelter From The Storm, 5 Gotta Serve Somebody, 6 Wiggle Wiggle, 7 I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, 8 When I Paint My Masterpiece, 9 Two Soldiers (Trad), 10 Girl Of The North Country,

Disc Two,
1 Don't Think Twice, It's All Right, 2 Bob Dylan's Dream, 3 Folsom Prison Blues (J Cash), 4 Everything Is Broken, 5 I Believe In You, 6 Highway 61 Revisited, (encore), 7 What Good Am I ?, 8 Ballad Of A Thin Man
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Link

 

No comments:

Post a Comment