Saturday, August 15, 2026

Dio 1983-10-23 Kleinhans Music Hall Buffalo, NY

Dio
Kleinhans Music Hall 
Buffalo, NY 
October 23, 1983

16 bit version

Lineage: cassette (M) > Optimus SCT-57 playback deck > Adobe Audition 1.5 (recording at 24/96, speed correction, NR, EQ, stereo simulation, crackle removal, track splitting, conversion to 16/44.1, limiting) > TLH (SBE fix, flac 8)

Recorder: Doniker Dave
Tape provided by Ken
transfer and mastering: }{eywood

Contrast clause: A new transfer was made from the master on 8/28/13 because the original transfer was not satisfactory to the owner of the tape.  More sophisticated mastering was done to this version, and it is now considered an upgrade to previously circulated versions

This show was recorded from floor seats 13 rows back from the stage.  Kleinhans Music Hall is built for sound; it's the Home of the Buffalo Philharmonic (I thinks this why Ronnie talks about how "clean" the venue is). Overall a decent recording.  The Internal (condenser) microphone was used.  Photographs, from the web, of the recorder used are included in a folder named "Pictures". Recorded by Doniker Dave, a crazed metal head from the 1980's. He and his companion at the show were just two suburban brats with a recorder and a TDK tape!  I loved the 1980's -  I had a great time at this show!  Metal Rules!  Long live the memory of Ronnie!  Turn it up!!

AS far as remastering goes I made a fresh transfer that allowed me to remove a lot of the noise at high resolution, then EQ it a bit better than the previous version.  There is an annoying crackle in the high end that I can't get to go away. Other than that I think it sounds pretty good, and somewhat in stereo too.

Setlist:

Intro
Stand Up and Shout
Straight Through the Heart
Shame on the Night
Children of the Sea
Holy Diver
Drum Solo
Heaven and Hell Part 1
Guitar Solo
Heaven and Hell Part 2
Rainbow in the Dark
Man on the Silver Mountain Part 1
Lady Starstruck
Man on the Silver Mountain Part 2
Evil Eyes

Line Up:
Vivian Campbell - Guitar
Jimmy Bain - Bass
Vinnie Appice - Drums
Ronnie James Dio - Vocals

Trade and share freely
Do not convert to any lossy format except for personal use. 

Link 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment