Sunday, May 5, 2024

Judas Priest 1984-05-05 Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA

Judas Priest
Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA 05/05/84
"Metal Gods of Long Beach"

Radio Broadcast

Original CDrs/EAC extraction to hard disc/CD Wave/reburn w/Nero/EAC extraction/Flac Frontend


Setlist

Disc 1
Love Bites
Jawbreaker
Grinder
Metal Gods
Breaking the Law
Sinner
Desert Plains
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
The Sentinel
Rock Hard Ride Free

Disc 2
The Hellion/Electric Eye
Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith
Freewheel Burning
Victim of Changes
The Green Manalish (with the Two-Pronged Crown)
Living After Midnight
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Coming


This was a fantastic show that was broadcast throughout the US and thus sounds great.  A friend of mine w/o a computer who I give some shows off here to bought the original cd at a record convention and gave it to me.  The bootlegger should be hung if he is the one who transferred this show to cd.  It is on cheap quality cd-r's, and the tracking was WAY off with several songs split in two and the whole thing was recorded TAO.  It's very obvious the person who did this didn't even know Priest's music and was just trying to make a buck.  
I fixed this, but it took me a while.  I had to rip several tracks to the hard disc using the range function of EAC and then used CDWave to edit out the splice the silence out of the tracks, burn the wavs and re-rip the range again to get the songs into one track.  I've done the best I can, and in some places you can hear a slight 'bump' in the tracks, but they are as complete as I got them and the show flows as smoothly as I could get it.  

enjoy

 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment