Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Jeff Buckley 1994-10-28 Trinity Center Toronto Canada

Well, I'm finally getting around to digitizing my 700+ cassettes (at my wife's insistence--she wants them out of the house), so I'm going to start posting some goodies here. I taped many a show in the Toronto area from the late '80's to the late '90's, and also recorded a lot of radio broadcasts, mostly from CFNY, 102.1 in Toronto. Hope you stumble across something you like, or even a show you were at!

Jeff Buckley--Trinity Centre, Toronto, Canada, Oct. 28, 1994.

If you never got to see Jeff Buckley live, I'm sorry.  You missed out.  I was lucky enough to catch him twice, but the second time my tape deck was confiscated at the door.  If anyone has his show at the Danforth where he played with Juliana Hatfield, I would be extremely greatful.

This night was amazing.  The Trinity Centre is actually a church, the same one where the Cowboy Junkies recorded the Trinity Sessions. Unfortunately, we arrived a bit late, and ended up sitting near the back of the balcony, which didn't make for the best recording position.  This is not the best tape in the world, but it was more listenable than I remembered it being.  There is just a lot of hiss during the quiet bits. If hiss drives you batty, you may want to skip this, but if you can live with it, it's a very fine show.  I was lucky enough to chat with Jeff briefly after the show, and he signed my copy of "Grace".  I have included a scan of that in the torrent, as it is one of my prized possessions.

Lineage:  Master>M Audio sound card>wav>flac.  Song separation and gap editing with CDWave.

Set List:

01. Mojo Pin
02. So Real
03. Last Goodbye
04. What Will You Say
05. Dream Brother
06. Grace
07. Eternal Life
08. Lover, You Should Have Come Over
09. encore break
10. stage patter
11. Kangaroo

I just about died when he broke into the last song.  Totally unexpected.

Link

2 comments: