Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Bruce Springsteen 1988-07-27 Valle Hovin Stadium, Oslo, Norway

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
27-Jul-1988
Valle Hovin Stadium, Oslo, Norway

This file set is ripped from a CD set I made for myself back in 1997 or 98, from the tapes I had then. The recordings were transferred from tapes of (now unknown) origin (trades from the early 90's) with a JVC tape deck into a Soundblaster Live! sound card. I did quite a bit of tweaking and tried to reduce noise in Sound Forge, but I guess I could have done it better now. The CDs were burned directly from continous wave files with CDRWin back then. This is not the same source tape as a circulating lossy file set (complete show).

If I ever find my tapes from somewhere, I'll make a new set of files. But at this moment, this is the best there is around.

Two notes:
* The files are split into 74-minute CDs, because my recorder then couldn't deal with 80-minute CD-Rs. There are fade-ins and fade-outs in the beginning and end of each 74-minute CD. There might be a noticeable "hickup" on those places where the C90 tape flip were on the source tape as well.
* The CD splits are not only made for "short" CDs, they're originally made as one full 8CD set covering the 1981, 1988 and 1993 norwegian shows. That's why some splits seem a bit strange.

These songs were missing from my source tape:
01 Tunnel of love
02 Boom boom
03 Adam raised a Cain
04 Downbound train

CD1
04 (Here she comes walking) talking intro
05 All that heaven will allow
06 The river
07 Badlands
08 Cover me
09 Brilliant disguise
10 Spare parts
11 War
12 Born in the USA

CD2
13 Chimes of Freedom
14 Thunder road
15 Who do you love?
16 She's the one
17 You can look (but you better not touch)
18 I'm a coward (when it comes to love)
19 I'm on fire
20 Tougher than the rest
21 Because the night
22 Dancing in the dark
23 Light of day

CD3
24 Born to run  (acoustic)
25 Hungry heart
26 Glory days
27 Bobby Jean
28 Cadillac ranch
29 Sweet soul music
30 Raise your hand
31 Twist and shout (with parts of Havin' a Party)

Note written by Bull in january 2008.

 

 Link

No comments:

Post a Comment