Thursday, May 26, 2022

Led Zeppelin 1970-01-08 Colston Hall Bristol, UK

Led Zeppelin
January 08, 1970
Colston Hall, Bristol, England

I originally got this from George (Kingrue) on TTD who called this an "Uncirculated Master Reel Transfer."  No info file or fingerprint/MD5 checksums came with the torrent.  The full text of his message is:  

Lineage: Master Reel>CDr1>CDr2>Soundforge 6.0>Flac 1.7.1

I know a west coast collector who obtained the first cd copy from the master tapes from the guy who taped this show and still lives in Europe. I picked this up in a trade, and was rather scepticule that it could possibly be a master transfer. Well, I already have 2 different versions of Bristol. One being the commonly known "Bristol Stomp" which was made from a 4th gen tape. I also had a unknown gen from the early 90's. Once i heard this new version. All my doubt disappeared. What I'm offering here, is verified 100% from the master tapes. I have only given one copy out of this to another die-hard zepp collector and this person was blown away by how much cleaner and better sounding than anything anybody has ever heard from this source.
Download it and see for yourself. Die hard collectors can thank me later. Enjoy, George

It's Been brought to my attention that this plays about 6% fast. I'm sorry about that. hope you guys can make the adjustments.


Link

No comments:

Post a Comment