Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Rolling Stones PARIS (Vigotone VT-CD 11-12)(OUTSIDER BIRD RECORDS OBR 305-CD-016)

The Rolling Stones
PARIS OUTTAKES VOLUME 1
Label: Vigotone VT-CD 11
artwork: included
almost excellent soundboard recordings

Source: my silver / EAC / flac

part 1 of maybe 6 CDs with Some Girls-demos & outtakes as well as a few songs from other sessions.

------------------------------------------------------------

01. CLAUDINE (unreleased song, short rock-version, take III)
02. LIES (take I - please note: music fades completely for two times between 01:18 and 01:19)
03. I NEED YOU (unreleased song)
04. WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN (take I)
05. THE WAY SHE HELD ME TIGHT (unreleased song, wrong title on cover: "Mysty Roads")
06. MUNICH HILTON (unreleased song, take II)
07. RESPECTABLE (take I)
08. SHATTERED (take I)
09. I THINK I'M GOING MAD (take II)

recording information:
02 / 04 / 06 - 08 : 10th October - 21st December 1977, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pathé Marconi Studios
01 / 03 / 05      : 5th January - 2nd March 1978, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pathé Marconi Studios
09                : 18th January - 12th February 1979, Nassau, Compass Point Studios

The Rolling Stones
PARIS OUTTAKES VOLUME 2
Label: Vigotone VT-CD 12
artwork: included
almost excellent soundboard recordings

Source: my silver / EAC / flac

part 2 of maybe 6 to 7 CDs with Some Girls-demos & outtakes as well as a few songs from other sessions.

------------------------------------------------------------
01. MISS YOU (take II)
02. LET'S GO STEADY AGAIN (unreleased song)
03. A DIFFERENT KIND (unreleased song, wrong title on cover: "Everlasting Is My Love")
04. LIES (take II)
05. DO YOU THINK I REALLY CARE (unreleased song, wrong title on cover: "Yellow Cab")
06. WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN (take II)
07. SHATTERED (take II)
08. FIJI JIM (unreleased song, take I)
09. WE HAD IT ALL (unreleased song, take I)

recording information:
01 / 03 / 04 / 06 / 07 : 10th October - 21st December 1977, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pathé Marconi studios

05 / 08                : 5th January - 2nd March 1978, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pathé Marconi Studios

02                     : 18th January - 12th February 1979, Nassau, Compass Point Studios
09                     : 10th June - 19th October 1979, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pathé Marconi Studios


The Rolling Stones
PARIS RESULTS
Label: OUTSIDER BIRD RECORDS OBR 305-CD-016
artwork: included
almost excellent soundboard recordings (but with hiss and static noise)

Source: my silver / EAC / flac

part 3 of maybe 6 to 8 CDs with Some Girls-demos & outtakes as well as a few songs from other sessions.

------------------------------------------------------------
please note:

all 14 tracks were part of an earlier torrent of mine: "From Paris to L.A." (Yellow Cat).
As the Yellow Cat-version is de-hissed and de-noised and this OBR-version is taken from
the tapes as they were the difference is a big one - apart from the hiss and noise this CD
shines like a pair of new shoes compared with the other one.

I had no idea that so many people will ask me for Some Girls-outtakes so I'd thrown in
the Paris-to-LA as a nice compilation. Now I know better and I hope you excuse if you feel that
you might have wasted time and bandwith.

Anyway, at least to my ears this is in fact an upgrade an in fact - like many OUTSIDER BIRD releases - this
is a CLASSIC BOOTLEG, like Trident Mixes or Accidents May Happen.

So please go check it out - I will compile a sample with 30 seconds of the same stuff from both releases
to help you to decide to dl or not.

------------------------------------------------------------
01. WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT (take I)
02. LINDA LOU
03. DANCING GIRLS
04. LONELY AT THE TOP
05. SO YOUNG (take I)
06. SOME PEOPLE TELL ME
07. YOU WIN AGAIN
08. DO YOU GET ENOUGH (SEXY EYE)
09. DO YOU THINK I REALLY CARE
10. EVERLASTING IS MY LOVE (take I)
11. I NEED YOU
12. NO SPARE PARTS
13. MUCK SPREADING DUB
14. PETROL
------------------------------------------------------------

all songs are unreleased, except for

04 - Mick Jagger RE-RECORDED this song years later with his own band and it ended up as opener of his first solo-LP
05 - ANOTHER version/take was released in 1994
recording information:


10 / 13                : 10th October - 21st December 1977, Boulogne Billancourt, Pathé Marconi Studios
05 - 09 / 11 / 12 / 14 : 5th January - 2nd March 1978, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pathé Marconi Studios
01                     : 23rd August - 8th September 1978, Los Angeles, RCA Studios
02 - 04                : 18th January - 12th February 1979, Nassau, Bahamas, Compass Point Studios

*************************************************************************

- Not a single track of this CD has ever been released officially - *************************************************************************

as always - please listen to the sample below - ENJOY!


Link

No comments:

Post a Comment