Thursday, March 28, 2024

Jon Anderson and The Band Geeks 2023-04-16 NJ Performing Arts Center Newark, NJ

 

Yes Epics & Classics Featuring Jon Anderson and The Band Geeks
2023-04-16
NJ Performing Arts Center
Newark, NJ

Jon Anderson - vocals, guitar, percussion, harp
Richie Castellano - bass, guitar, vocals
Andy Graziano - guitar, bass, vocals
Chris Clark - keyboards, vocals
Robert Kipp - keyboards, guitar, vocals
Andy Ascolese - drums
Ann Marie Nacchio - backing vocals on 9, 11 & 12
Rob Schmoll - acoustic guitar on 8 & 9


A Kitty Lickin' Discs Production

Set One
 1. Firebird Suite
 2. Yours Is No Disgrace
 3. Perpetual Change
 4. Close To The Edge
 5. Heart Of The Sunrise
 6. Starship Trooper
 7. Awaken

Set Two
 8. And You And I
 9. I've Seen All Good People
10. Ritual
11. Owner Of A Lonely Heart
12. Roundabout
 
Lineage: SP-CMC-2 (AT831) > SP-SPSB-8 > R0DE AI Micro > iPhone 14 Pro (Twisted WAV App) > Air Drop (Mac transfer) > Wavelab Elements 11 > Amadeus Pro (Track Splitting) > xACT (SBE alignment/FLAC Conversion)

Recorded by: Relayer35

Comments: I've subscribed to the Band Geeks YouTube channel years ago. They're simply fantastic. I was elated when I heard they would be backing Jon Anderson for this tour, but disappointed that none of the tour dates were nearby. This is the kind of tour I would have gone to multiple times, but besides this one and NYC, which is too much of a pain to deal with, they're all 4 or more hours away, and I'm not as young as I used to be. I enjoyed the one show I did get to see. Jon sounds awesome, the band was great, full of energy and the songs really come to life. The one negative was that I thought the sound mix wasn't stellar. I was in the 12th row dead center, usually a sweet spot for recording, but I thought the mids were very muddy, and some of the highs (cymbals, keyboard runs) were harsh. I spent more time than usual tweaking this one, and in the end I think the result came out pretty nice. Enjoy!

Front cover artwork is included with actual photo from the show.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment