Saturday, September 7, 2024

Gov't Mule 1997-11-14 Lynagh's Lexington, KY

 "Gov't Mule Lexington 11/97 - A Different Prespective - From Warrens' Amplifier"

Gov't Mule
Lynagh's
Lexington Kentucky USA
November 14th 1997



Onstage Master Recording
Recorded and uploaded by arcme262



Master Cassette>Playback on JVC TD-W709>
Standalone burner>EAC>TLH>Dime



This run of shows with Chris Duarte was very special to me, because I was already a big follower of both bands when
the tour took place. Both bands being super taper friendly only made the experience even better.

This is one of I think five stage recordings I made of Gov't Mule, and this one was recorded directly in front of Warren
and his amplifier. This makes the audio VERY guitar heavy. Perhaps extremely heavy is more accurate. Check the samples
for more information.

Because the stage in this place was so small, when it was time for the encores, the Mule crew had to put the Duarte amplifier
off of the stage, all the way on the other side of the room. I quickly realized that in my position, I would pick up zero
Chris Duarte on my recording, and made my way to the other side of the room, which in hindsight was probaby a mistake.
The three encore songs feature Chris Duarte and his guitar at max volume, with Gov't Mule in the background, unfortunately.
Even still, it is a different perspective, as promised.

Lastly...I want to say that as far as this show, and all of my recordings for that matter, I welcome those who are qualified
to remaster or edit them, and share with the community if they come up with a result that they feel is worth sharing. I try
not to tweak my audio very much, because it is hard for me to be objective after a while. I will leave that to others!




Rocking Horse
Game Face
Temporary Saint
Thorazine Shuffle
No Need to Suffer
Birth of the Mule
Larger Than Life
Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings
I Shall Return
Pygmy Twylyte
Blind Man in the Dark
(including drum solo)
Trane
(including Third Stone From the Sun)
Mule
Encore Break
Spoonful(with Chris Duarte on guitar)
Little Wing(with Chris Duarte on guitar)
Pride and Joy(with Chris Duarte on guitar)

Link

 

No comments:

Post a Comment