Thursday, May 19, 2022

Jon Anderson 2014-04-13 Ridgefield Playhouse Ridgefield, CT

 


Jon Anderson
Ridgefield Playhouse
Ridgefield, CT
April 13, 2014

A Kitty Lickin' Discs Production

Disc One
 1. Open/Yours Is No Disgrace
 2. Sweet Dreams
 3. America
 4. Time And A Word
 5. One Love
 6. Under Heaven's Door (Never Ever)
 7. Flight Of The Moorglade
 8. I'll Find My Way Home
 9. Open/Starship Trooper
10. Long Distance Runaround
11. Give Love Each Day
12. A Day In The Life
13. Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Disc Two
 1. Piano Songs
 2. The Light Of Love
 3. And You And I
 4. Leaves Of Green
 5. Nous Sommes Du Soleil
 6. Tony And Me
 7. Turn Of The Century
 8. I've Seen All Good People
 9. Roundabout
10. Open/State Of Independence
11. Wonderous Stories
12. Soon

Lineage: SP-CMC-2 > SP-SPSB-8 > Sony PCM-M10 > SDHC > USB > Wavelab 6.1 > CDWAV > FLAC

Recorded by: Relayer35


Comments: The Man! The Legend! Jon Anderson! His voice sounded great tonight. No question, the man can still sing. This was the fifth time I've seen the one-man show. When creating this text file I used the 2010 performance at the same venue to clone, and it's obvious that he's been pretty much playing the same show for the last four years. Needless to say, I'm ready for him to tour with a band!

The recording sounds great, though as usual, there are a few spots of overly exuberant fan participation, but thankfully none of it during the actual music. At one point Jon was going on about how music came down from the Paladies, or something or other, and one fan screamed out "Settle Down, Jon!" At another point, one fan screamed out for him to rejoin Yes, and Jon replied something about "Tell Them!" The volume in the theater was pretty low, so I had to really give this a volume boost. In the process, I clipped some clap spikes. I never really worry too much about clipping clappers, as long as I don't clip the music!

I'm hopeful that the next time I see Jon, it will be with a full band. I'm ready for an end to the one man gig already!

Artwork included in the torrent. Photos used are actually from this show.

-- MP April 2014

 

Link

1 comment: