Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Church 2023-10-17 PVBCH Jacksonville, FL

The Church
2023-10-17 PVBCH
Jacksonville, FL 2496


FOB recording Tascam DR-40, SP-CMC-9 Audio Technica Stereo cardiod mics > Phantom power > 24/96 > CDWave > Audacity > TLH > You

PVBCH is the Ponte Vedra Beach Concert Hall, a suburb of Jacksonville and has become my fav venue for live shows. It is intimate, always has excellent sound and a great place to see live shows and actually feel as if you have seen the performer.

This venue is an old church reconverted (irony) and I have to say this was most interesting show. I wasn't familiar with their music beyond the typical commercial tune. My wife was a fan so we bought last minute tix. At the intro I thought briefly I might shit my pants as the SBD was pushing both the volume and the bottom end to the very limit. Not sure if you realize but with enough power a sound system can make the front rows empty their shorts if pushed.
Good show, very professional and well worth the evening out! These guys are polished, had a good mix and a good light show to compliment the show.

I try and record at two levels, the DR-40 allows that, with the 2nd level lowered by 6db- makes for a great backup. My original level was set at 40% and is wasted. If this level is pushed too much for you at 6db less, sorry. Couldn't do anything about that.Mixer was in a wild mood I guess cause he had it at it's limit, trust me.

I'll post a mp3 (2) sample to demo the levels...
Audacity for fades, TLH for Flac

Help with the setlist and I will correct. I included pics for covers, something I don't use. I love this hobby and enjoy getting this out there for like kind. 2496 is easy converted using the free Audacity and after doing the heavy lift you can do the lighter part please.
Enjoy & share.

Setlist;

1. Ascendence
2. Destination
3. Metropolis
4. Columbus
5. No Other you
6. Band Intro
7. cont. band Intro >
8. Kings
9. Unguarded
10. Flickering Lights
11. Hypnogogue
12. Hotel Womb
13. Albert Ross
14. Fly **
15. Comedown
16. Last Melody
17. (what if I told you)?
18. Under The Milky Way Tonight
19. cont... Under The Milky Way
20. Brime
21. Second Last Song, Very Noisy
22. Vacumm
23. applause
24. encore: Reptile
25. cont... Reptile
26. ???, end

**One Day (title)
Setlist says this was to be played but I don't believe it was, help me?


Link










No comments:

Post a Comment