Saturday, May 8, 2021

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss 2008-07-07 Nokia Live Grand Prairie, TX

 Robert Plant/Alison Krauss
“Got ‘Em By The Collar”
Nokia Live
Grand Prairie, TX
July 7, 2008
DPA 4061>Sony D100>Sony CDRW66>CDR>EAC>FLAC
Taper: V4TX
As I did with Stevie Wonder I got lucky via Stubhub at Nokia Live.  I got a single ticket in the front section on row D.  However, there was no row A, B, or C in front of me, so checking levels and a nice leisure taping experience was out of the question since a security was four feet away, looking my way.  To add to the fun I was sitting next to a good friend of the Krauss camp.  I was sorta bummed as I was ready to try and nail this recording.  I didn’t nail it due to having to use automatic level control which can result in a bit of distortion when a sudden spikes in volume occur.  Ironically this occurs most when Alison is singing.  It doesn’t happen too much, but I notice it.  If I didn’t mention it, not sure many people would be bothered by it.  Also, I sat near a couple of guys who found it necessary to go “Wooooo” throughout the show.  This is done mostly between songs, but they do it a few times during the song.  The last negative is there is a bit of mic rustling as I was improvising using my shirt collar to keep the microphones in place.  This had me checking if the mics were in the right spot a few times during the show.  For those of you who want to know all the equipment used, the shirt was vintage black Sheplers pearl snap werstern shirt, polyester/cotton blend, 65/35%.  Now having said all the negatives let me say this:  This is still a nice recording.  Nokia does something interesting that I have not noticed elsewhere.  The front of the stage has speakers that play a mix of the show for those who are sitting so close that the main house speakers project over their heads.  This stage speaker is the basis of this recording.  I know other people were taping this show and perhaps their recording will be better mixed, but there is no way the vocals could be more clear.  Anyone up for making a matrix?  Anyway, I wouldn’t post this if I didn’t think it was good enough to share.  When I transferred the tape I did pump up the levels and tweak it for my ears.  All transferring was done via digital cables. Start IDs done on the fly so they may not be perfect.  Enjoy.   

Disc 1
1. Rich Woman
2. Leave My Woman Alone
3. Black Dog
4. Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us
5. Through The Morning, Through The Night
6. Goodbye And So Long To You
7. Fortune Teller
8. In The Mood/Maddie/In The Mood
9. Black Country Woman
10. Dynamite Woman
11. Bon Temps Rouler
12. fade out

Disc 2
1. disc 1 overlap
2. Trampled Rose
3. Green Pastures
4. Down To The River To Pray
5. Killing The Blues
6. Nothing
7. Battle Of Evermore
8. Please Read The Letter
9. Gone, Gone, Gone
10. encore wait
11. You Don't Knock
12. One Woman Man
13. When The Levee Breaks
14. Your Long Journey

Link


No comments:

Post a Comment