Wednesday, September 11, 2024

R.E.M. 2008-06-13 Great Woods Mansfield, MA

R.E.M.
Great Woods - Mansfield, MA
2008-06-13 (Friday, June 13)

AT933 hypercardioid capsules > 3 wire battery box > Edirol R-09
Sec 2 Row Z, Seat 27, Absolutely DFC. (ticket: thanks to Gnarls Barkley being in Europe)

A great show.  Moron factor was low in comparison to Petty the following
night.  However, my buffers to the right were Modest Mouse fans and left around
Houston.  So at that point, Mr Tommy Bahama and his family became the bane of my
existence.  Mr. B randomly clapped 3 times in a row, yelled, and sang a random
line or two.  He was with his family, and they decided to start taking pictures,
high fiving, gabbing incessantly, basically doing enough to really kill my groove.
So during Orange Crush I hopped over my seat into the vacant premium box seating (thanks
for leaving early rich people!!) and finished the show in peace and quiet.  So you may
notice a few spots where the sound fluctuates from Houston > Orange Crush.  Not too
distracting, but I was trying to find a spot elsewhere.

This was my first time seeing R.E.M, after being a fan on and off for 25 years.  I
was blown away.  It was an amazing night, and I hope to see them again the next
time around.  Hopefully it won't be another 25 years. . .

Please do not post, upload, or torrent in mp3 or a lossy format.  Please contact me
before "remastering".  I think it's fine as is, though a matrix with another source
that may be coming soon would be interesting. . .

Disc 1:
101. Living Well Is the Best Revenge
102. Begin The Begin
103. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
104. Circus Envy
105. Man-Sized Wreath
106. West Of The Fields
107. Ignoreland
108. Departure
109. Cuyahoga
110. Hollow Man
111. Driver 8
112. Houston
113. Electrolite
114. Maps And Legends
115. Horse to Water
116. The One I Love
117. I’ve Been High
118. Let Me In

Disc 2:
201. Bad Day
202. Get Up
203. Orange Crush
204. I'm Gonna DJ
Encore:
205. Supernatural Superserious
206. Losing My Religion
207. (Don’t Go Back To) Rockville
208. Fall On Me *
209. Michael's Friday the 13th and show banter
210. Pretty Persuasion *
211. Man On The Moon *

* with Johnny Marr

Link 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment