Thursday, July 14, 2022

Neil Young 1993-06-09 Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA


Neil Young w/ Booker T. & The MG's
Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA
June 9, 1993

First Warm Up Show (out of four) for a full tour of Europe (June-July) and North America (August-September). See the Sugar Mountain @ htttp://www.sugarmtn.org/ & Numbers On The Site @ http://www.butterweck.de/nytourix/ websites for all information.

A warm up show of the Neil Young with Booker T. & The MG's 1993 tour was requested a few days ago and this is a sort of thank you for the August-September shows I requested myself. I found a small gap in my collection and within approx. 24 hours I was able to download five shows from the US leg of the above mentioned tour!

This comes from a double CD-R, which I received 7 years and 2 days ago in a trade as part of a Rust tree. The following text comes from the original call for branches and leaves by Randy Schechter:

"The CD-R master was burned from my analog seed tapes--however there was a problem with my 2nd analog tape so the end of the show is actually from an analog branch tape (i.e one generation higher). My analog seeds were master analogs from a DAT recording. Chuck King did the transfer from analog to CD-R, so a big thank you is in order for Chuck!"

My branch received his CD-R's from Chuck, and I have a rip of those discs.

After I ripped (using EAC) my discs, I have applied (using Cool Edit Pro v2.0) the following changes: fades at the start and end of each disc, corrected a few minor flaws/anomalies, and raised the volume of most of disc 2 to have the same volume as disc 1 and the start of disc 2. Finally new track splits were made using CD Wave Editor v1.94.5 and the WAV-files were encoded to FLAC (level 8) with flac v1.1.2 as build in Traders Little Helper v1.1.1 (build 90).

I would rate this as a very good audience recording. Just listen to the samples ...

There's artwork included, but it's not the best quality available. My own inlays, printed back then, come from a better version. However, I can't find those. So, if anyone has or can find better ones, please post them.


Disc 1
01. Intro by Dana Carvey
02. Mr. Soul
03. The Loner
04. Southern Man
05. Helpless
06. band introduction
07. This Note's For You
08. Motorcycle Mama
09. Like A Hurricane
10. I Believe In You
11. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
12. Love To Burn

Disc 2
1. Separate Ways
2. Powderfinger
3. Only Love Can Break Your Heart
4. Harvest Moon
5. Live To Ride
6. Down By The River
7. Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
8. All Along The Watchtower


Neil Young with Booker T. & The MG's
Neil Young - vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano
Booker T. Jones - organ, synthesizer, vocals
Steve Cropper - guitar
Donald Duck Dunn - bass
Jim Keltner - drums
Astrid Young - backup vocals
Annie Stocking - backup vocals
(from Sugar Mountain, http://www.sugarmtn.org/)


Uploaded to DIME by Magnix on April 2, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment