Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Van Halen 1980-05-05 War Memorial Auditorium Buffalo, NY

Van Halen
War Memorial Auditorium
Buffalo, New York
May 5, 1980

Unknown gen.cassette.aud>SonyTCWE435>PioneerPDR-
4>CDR>EAC>WAV>Trader'sLittleHelper>FLAC

Quality: D (Terrible!!!)

Intro
Romeo Delight
Bottoms Up!
Drum Solo
Runnin' With the Devil
Tora! Tora!
Loss Of Control
Take Your Whiskey Home
Dance The Night Away
Women In Love
Jamie's Cryin'
Feel Your Love Tonight
Bright Lights, Big City
Atomic Punk
And The Cradle Will Rock...
Light Up The Sky
Guitar Solo
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Ice Cream Man
You Really Got Me

Notes: There are two equally bad recordings of this show. The "better" sounding one peters out after about 55 minutes, while the other is complete. It seems as though both were recorded from the last row up in the rafters of the auditorium! I used the better tape here as the main source, then filled out gaps and the end of the show with the other tape to build the complete show. I figure this might be fun for someone out there, but one has to put on their "bootleg" ears for this upload, yes the sound is THAT bad.  

Here is posting about the show that I found online, this fellow writes this  was the BEST show he ever saw.

"I remember the first time I heard VH I was in 7th grade 1978. I was in my friend's basement and he put on a record of his sister's it was VH1 I and I was blown away. We played it over and over. The way I looked at life changed, it was way more colorful and with more attitude. Life was more interesting. The world tilted on its axis. At the time I loved aerosmith and AC/DC. We listed to "Eruption" with amazement. Life would never be the same.
 
I will never forget it. It was May 5, 1980 in Buffalo NY at the Memorial Auditorium, I was in 8th grade, My first VH show. I sitting in the blue seats, someone fired off a roman candle and were throwing M80s into the crowd on the floor. It was fucking crazy. We were on the runway ready for takeoff with the rest of the crowd, about to go supesonic.
 
I remember the first time, hearing "Eruption" live after hearing it so many times on the record. It was fucking amazing. Seeing Ed in a white spotlight and dark stage. It was kind of like a surreal experience. Sometimes you just know your in the presence of greatness. It's a little scary and just feeling the chills. I remember Dave with a bottle of Jack in one hand and a microphone and joint in the other, which someone threw on stage from the crowd. Dave loved to talk to the crowd during "aint talking bout love" and would get into a great story. You were hanging on every word. Some other momements I can't remember for other fun reasons. The sound was crisp, clear and extremely loud, I remember my ears ringing for days after. Where would I go from here, I started at the top. It was fucking awesome.
 
The next shows went was in July 81 and 1984 they were great too. The 1980 show was the best. That day my life had changed it was the best concert I had ever seen and heard to this day and was just the very beginning of many concerts I have seen in my life. Sometimes you just know your are experiencing greatness you can feel it. I saved my ticket stubs and kept my concert tees and still have them. They were and still are the best in the business."
 
 
What can I say about Henry love his music,seen his shows and got a pix with him. Awesome human being and music legend. Ultimate credibility. He felt the power of VH. "WINNER

Link 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment