Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Yes 1977-11-15 Westfalenhalle Dortmund, Germany


Yes 
Dortmund, Germany
Westfalenhalle 
15. November 1977

feat.
Jon Anderson
Chris Squire
Alan White
Steve Howe
Rick Wakeman

and of course: Minimax in row 20 (row????)

Minimax-master-series #002

-reseed-

Here's about what I once wrote seeding it for the first time:

This concert I taped so many years ago I can't remember what equipment I used
(the same as at the Genesis-1977-gig I seeded here earlier)
I remember it was a big recorder with an included microphone.
I layed the recorder on the ground of the hall right inside the middle of the floor about
15 metres from the stage.
All the people around were sitting down those days.

The sound quality is o.k., I think it is for fans only or those who collect everything.
There are cuts due to tape-flip after "Close to the edge" and in the middle of
"Awakening".

This concert is still in my Top Twenty ever concerts of my life (as the one from Genesis that year too)
again seeing it from the point of how I enjoyed it when I was there.
Today...hmmm??? This is definitive not the music I prefer now. Although I saw them several times again later.

This could be my No. 03 / 201 master productions as between Genesis and this Yes-gig I also
taped Mr. Peter Gabriel on October 13th 1977 at Muenster, Germany, Halle Muensterland,
but there the result was really bad, I threw the tapes away - shit!!
But I shook the hand of Mr. Gabriel as he entered the stage passing through the audience.
And haven't washed mine since then.

..and - don't ever ask me why I didn't take my equipment with me to
The 2nd Golden Summernight-festival at Dortmund on Sunday, August 21st 1977
feat. Ted Nugent (Oh my god!), Stanley Clarke, Uriah Heep, Country Joe McDonald, The Small Faces and
The Doobie Brothers - and don't ever ask me why, but that evening the Doobies were really, really great!

Disc 01
01 Intro: Firebird Suite
02 Parallels
03 I've seen all good people
04 Close to the edge
05 Wonderous stories
06 Turn of the century

Disc 02
01 And you and I
02 We came to Dortmund
03 Going for the one
04 Awakening (Part 1)
05 Awakening (Part 2)
06 Yours is no disgrace
07 Roundabout

Keep in mind that this is really old and what a lot of trouble it was
taping concerts in those analog days.

Do not sell. For trading only. ...and perhaps for fun!!??

..please stay tuned for more awful crappy stuff...

Support all diverse YES-bands nowadays
Buy all their records and merch

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment