Saturday, July 23, 2022

Marshall Crenshaw Pre Warners Demos

 

Marshall Crenshaw

Pre Warners Demos

Recorded 1980-1981


A Panda remaster for dime


cassette(??)>cdr>eac>adobe>flac


1.  Never Gonna Happen Again

2.  Communication 1

3.  We Belong Together

4.  This is The Love

5.  She's Not Mine Anymore 1

6.  Somebody Like You

7.  Now I've Got You

8.  She Can't Dance

9.  Not For Me

10.  Brand New Lover

11.  Communication 2 (probably same recording as above)

12.  I'll Do Anything

13.  Rockin' Around in NYC (version 2--not the same as 9 Volt Years version)

14.  Soldier of Love

15.  For Her Love

16.  Something's Gonna Happen (version 2--not the same as 9 Volt Years version)

17.  Mary Anne

18.  The Usual Thing

19.  There She Goes Again

20.  Cynical Girl

21.  She's Not Mine Anymore 2


For those of you looking for 'It's Only A Movie', it's on the Get Crazy OST.  Yes, they used Marshall's demo.


Wow, what a long journey.  A few people have asked me about this, I seeded it years ago somewhere else before Marshall issued the 9 Volt collection and the 2 cd first album.

The cassette was lost and the cd I kept broke.  I could not find it on my hd.


Finally years later, I found the stuff on my hd.  I had done the re-eq work to make them listenable, but nothing else.  I fixed the speed so they sound like Marshall singing instead of a chipmunk.

Put it on my portable hd.  Just in time to avoid my hd crash last week.  This stuff must have had a curse on it.


General comments:  all the versions of this come from the same crappy tape source, I'm sure.  The first 3 songs are worse than the rest and if you listen closely, you can tell theses tracks came from

different sessions.  My personal opinion was that the first 9 or 10 tunes were one session and the most of rest were done later, but he put in some tracks that were recorded earlier.

 Link

 

 

1 comment: