Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Queen 1977-11-18 Cobo Arena Detroit, Michigan

Queen
Cobo Arena (aka Hall)
Detroit, Michigan
November 18 or 19, 1977

Master cassette Tape>Magix Cleaning Lab>CD>Traders Little Helper



Disc 1
We Will Rock You (intro-slow)
We Will Rock You (fast)
Brighton Rock
Somebody to Love
It's Late
Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to…)
Killer Queen
Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy/I'm in Love with My Car
Get Down, Make Love
The Millionaire Waltz
You're My Best Friend
Spread Your Wings
Liar
Love of My Life
'39

Disc 2
My Melancholy Blues
White Man
The Prophet's Song
Keep Yourself Alive
Bohemian Rhapsody
Tie Your Mother Down
We Will Rock You (slow)
We Are the Champions


Taper-Gary M. (R.I.P.)
Obtained and transferred by Heavy Metal Al
Uploaded by damageinc777


My friend Al asked me to post this in the hopes it will trigger others to dig up some rare gems.

Okay the story on this goes something like....Al collects mostly shows done in Michigan. You could say he specializes in it. And he used to be pretty persistent in tracking down
Michigan tapers. Through another friend he got ahold of Gary who recorded this back in the day. He asked Gary if he could digitize some of his audio masters and Gary said go for it.
Now Gary had boxes and boxes of stuff all over. Thousands of recordings and no organization to any of it. This show accoarding to other setlists from around the same time is missing
the last couple songs. They may have been on another cassette in another of Garys boxes. Or he may have no recorded it period. We'll most likely never know. But I think Stone Cold
Crazy was cut from the recording (not recorded) possibly because of tape space or battery issues.

The other thing is Gary only marked the master Queen Cobo '77. So we are hoping some Queen nut will be able to figure out if this was November 18th or 19th of 1977.

Since Al obtained this Gary has passed away. Supposedly Gary's wife had no love for his collection and most likely it was thrown out. Although I hope I am wrong.

Al and I are not Queen experts so if someone would like to properly track/edit/remaster feel free. We did the best we could. This is my first audio torrent so hopefully it all goes well.

 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment