Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Jimi Hendrix 1970-09-03 K.B.Hallen, Copenhagen, Denmark

K.B.Hallen, Copenhagen, Denmark - 3 September 1970
[funkydrummer cleanup, and 1st and 2nd Source Re-merge]
NOTE: OLD SOURCES NOT NEW ONES (re: 2013 releases)

1 Stone Free [Brief section of intro added from ATM 084, first section to 1:40 is Raw Source...then mix]
2 Foxy Lady [Basically mix of 1st Source and 2nd Source from here]
3 Message to Love
4 Hey Baby
5 All Along the Watchtower
6 Machine Gun
7 Spanish Castle Magic/Drum solo
8 Ezy Ryder
9 Freedom
10 Red House
11 In From the Storm
12 Purple Haze
13 Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
14 Hey Joe
15 Fire

For all intents and purposes, this version of Copenhagen is a mix of 1st Source and 2nd Source

Lineage: 1st Source Raw [circulates as ATM-084/85 bonus disc] FLAC > Adobe Audition 3, Speed Correction, NR, EQ, Comp > FLAC

Mixed with 2nd Source lifted from: VIBRATORY COPENHAGEN '70 MERGE 2.0192 Final Version (Merge of source 1,2,5)

To keep it brief, Source 2 was extracted from Vibratory's merge, it is used quite a bit as to add some further dynamics to Raw Source tape.

Notes: As I had only 1st source, as ATM 084/085 and the Raw disc bonus, I had tried my own cleanup of the RAW...which sounds better than the ATMs - although the ATMs had been speed corrected (but still run about a semi-tone fast if we assume Jimi had tuned down a half-step, and I do).
Went back to Raw, which was generally matched up speed-wise with Vibratory's merge...In fact it should be said that Vibratory's hard work on this merge served as a great blueprint, and I am grateful for his excellent work.

But I had to have a go too :)
Mainly because I wanted the show to sound like a single stereo source...

I didn't have the other sources, so I extracted the 2nd source from his merge (easy after Freedom, right channel, slightly more difficult with centre extraction in the earlier tracks).
However, I am not entirely sure of the exact "mixtures" that got me where I ended...for example, Stone Free is a bit of a patch job, as is FL and MTL...after some patching of first few songs, where the speed fluctuations were more pronounced...(I mean I did my best to disguise, but you can hear...)

For example, I switched to a single RAW source when there was problems with 2nd Source extracted from Vibratory merge...without having another source available to me, I had to do this...
 
From Hey Baby onwards - the sound is consistent, not patchy, and the show sounds pretty good if you ask me...

The reason why my notes are a bit sketchy is because I worked on this over quite a period of time...

 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment