Monday, August 15, 2022

Cheap Trick 1980-03-24 Ocean State Performing Arts Center Providence, RI

Cheap Trick
Rick Neilson- guitar
Robin Zander- guitar and vocals
Tom Peterson- bass
Bun E. Carlos- drums
Ocean State Performing Arts Center
Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.
March 24, 1980
performance quality: B+
recording quality: A to A-
source: master FM broadcast tape
A this and that, 3 step torrent production.
(master > WAV > FLAC > torrent.)
total runtime: 102:38
setlist: disc 1 62:22
  1: radio announcer introduction
  2: dream police intro > hello there
  3: I've been wicked
  4: southern girls > California man
  5: interview
  6: ?
  7: ?
  8: on top of the world
  9: interview
  10: can't hold on > ?
  11: interview
  12: gonna raise hell
  13: heaven tonight
    disc 2 40:15
  14: interview
  15: voices
  16: ain't that a shame
  17: need your love
  18: interview
  19: I know what I like
  20: I want you to want me
  21: surrender
  22: dream police
  23: good night
  24: announcer wrap up
comments:
  Yeah, I know I let my master of 6/16/79 go because I didn't care much for Cheap
Trick at this time, but not this one. Why? Who knows. Partly because my tape 2 of
this has a master aud of a band I listen to even less than Cheap Trick (Bellvista).
This tape has barely been played, 1st time on CD. I think this may even be a whole
show, and the longest Cheap Trick show I've ever heard (the interview tracks are all
very short). Only 1 tape flip between songs, no music is missing at all from the
broadcast. I'm still no expert on this group, I think this was the Dream Police tour.
There is just the very slightest static in a few parts, so quiet it's inaudible during
the music (if it's even there at all), which is all crisp and clear. Not sure what
deck recorded this, it was from a Sansui 8 reciever onto Maxell UD 90 min. cassettes
(dolby off, normal bias and EQ setting). Cheap Trick must have been big at this time,
since this is a "Superstars in Concert" broadcast. The sound in the OSPAC is pretty
nice, this is not an "arena" show. It all comes from the master tape in 3 step torrent
fashion for you, no CD or tape lineage except the original master tape. Now my favorite
CT is circa 78 but they still sound pretty rockin' here. I haven't seen this show up yet,
so figured I'd give it a shot. This is my 1st upload to TTD. Hope it works out, plan to
have some more of various things if it does. I have done successful uploads before, so
unless the Den has something really funky/unfamiliar to me about their system, this
should work smoothly.
Do not sell this recording.
Trade freely and losslessly.
Keep the trick cheap.

 

Link

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello and thanks for all the great boots over the years. I'm very interested in downloading this cheap trick boot, but I'm currently having issues using filefactory. Is there any chance you could post it with a different service? kraken or mega maybe? Thanks so much again, G.

    ReplyDelete