Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Moody Blues 1981-10-27 Chicago Stadium Chicago, IL



Moody Blues Live at the Chicago Stadium October 27th 1981, Chicago Illinois USA




*****Master Archive Debut Today*****




     Here is another Moody's show for you fans. This was recording #2 on this unit. I used the dreaded
Maxell metal bias tapes. No worst sounding cassettes then those. Heck Metal bias was a bust in itself.
Chrome high bias no dolby was as good as it would get. Good thing I mastered with very little of these
cassttes. Back to the show. I was 6th row left center and it came out respectable. I enjoyed the listen.
Long Distance Voyager tour. I treated my parents to this show and they sat 18th row center. I might have
made the wrong decision on where to sit. The p's just raved on how much they enjoyed the show! I quote,
"that guy on floot was EXCELLENT!!". He was my favorite too. I did crank this quite a few times on my best
system, until I recorded them again. Samples enclosed.




Lineage:


Microphones: Sony ECM 33F
Tape Deck: Sony TC-D5M
Cassettes: Maxell 90 Metal Bias
Recorded with Dolby B but I choose to leave it off on this playback



Master Tape > Sony TC-D5M (ORIGINAL UNIT!!)
Run Through the Naim 52 Pre-amplifier
To the Philips CDR-101 (Marantz CDR-600) [tracked on the fly] ZERO GAIN SETTING!
Using CDR Yaiyo Yuden 74-ZY Gold (The best!)
Playback in PC with Plextor UltraPlex40max SCSI CD-ROM
**EAC in paranoid mode to slow the read speed.**
FLAC > To You Guys, Enjoy RB





1981 Tour

Gemini Dream
The Story In Your Eyes
Twilight Time
Tuesday Afternoon
The Voice
Nervous
Meanwhile
Steppin' in a Slide Zone
Talking Out of Turn
The Balance
Isn't Life Strange
Gypsy
Driftwood
22,000 Days
Painted Smile
Refective Smile
Veteran Cosmic Rocker
I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock 'N Roll Band)
Nights in White Satin
Legend of a Mind
Question
Ride My See-Saw
 

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment