Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Pink Floyd 1980-02-25 Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY

 

A WALLweeds production 2004


Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, Long Island New York
25th Feb 1980
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WALLweed WWRM008

I have no lineage on this I am afraid other than that it came to me as yet another MoLM disk. I asked around and got hold of what was believed to be the MoLM SHN*.

* I could and cannot still prove this is one of their releases, it is to easy to make up a disk and call it something that it is not. It was as rubbish as what I already had.

It was noisy, it hissed, it had gaps all through it, not short ones either, but quite a piece was missing from one track.

What was done:-

DE-NOISED FREQUENCY BAND
113.9 Lower Frequency Hz
116.6 Upper Frequency Hz
51.5 Transition Width Hz

LOUDNESS
-0.2dB

OUTPUT
-0.2dB

SUPPRESSED WHITE NOISE

-57.4 dB

Closed gaps and made repairs using cuts from the next night 26th Feb 1980, which was as close as I could find. I really do not like doing this type of patch as I feel the show then becomes not what it pertains to be, but in this instance it really did need it doing.

I also used my editors discretion and removed some of the tapers chatter on the start of CD 2, I just did not feel that it added anything to the feel of the recording. Just one of the tapers saying how he really felt, so I cut him out.

Also this show contains some tape damage on CD1 Track 2 which I could do nothing about, but the quality does improve after this point, I suppose I could have cut all this out, and patched it in from another night, but I have explained my reasons for not doing this type of patch in the paragraph above.

How or why this show was put out in the state that it was in I will never know, at least we now have something in my mind much better.


Enjoy the show.

Link

 

No comments:

Post a Comment